Serves 2, can be doubled, can also
be prepared with chicken
2 Tbl flour
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
¾ lb thin veal steak (no more than ¼ inch thick)
2 Tbl olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 small onion, chopped fine
1 cup home made tomato or spaghetti sauce (add link to recipe)
½ tsp oregano
¼ cup sherry or good red wine
¼ cup water
¼ cup grated Romano
1. Combine flour, salt and pepper. Dredge veal in flour mixture. Set aside.
2. Add oil to skillet and sauté the garlic and onion on low heat until
translucent. Remove from pan and reserve.
3. Add more oil to pan and lightly brown veal a few pieces at a time. Do not
overcrowd the pan which will cause the veal to steam rather than brown. Add
additional oil as needed. Set browned veal aside.
4. Into the same pan add tomato sauce, sherry or wine, oregano, reserved garlic
and onion and simmer, covered, over low heat for 30 minutes. If sauce becomes
too thick add water to your liking.
5. Return veal to sauce and simmer, covered, additional 10 minutes.
6. Sprinkle with Romano cheese before serving.